So the Cooler Staff was on our way to a morning coffee stop at Amici- when we drove past Roosevelt High and saw quite an amusing sight. The entire campus had been TP'd last night by some young hooligans. This got us to thinking (maybe it's just the coffee)- why not do a post on who deserves to get TP'd as it relates to the 2008 Presidential race.
So off we go...
1. The Des Moines Register
- Seriously, if we have to read one more Vilsack for President press release..err article... before Christmas we're going to go crazy. Of the 12 articles in their "Caucus 08" section
- 9 have Vilsack in the headline, 11 have Vilsack prominently involved. The headline following Bayh dropping out could have almost been in a Register parody paper. "Bayh Opts Against Run; Vilsack's Benefit Small." Pretty soon they are going to be tieing Vilsack's Presidential ambitions into stories about prostitution
or stoplight cameras
. TP, TP, TP.
2. John Edwards' "Two Americas"- We are issuing a collective dry heave at Cooler HQ just thinking about hearing this speech for the next 12+ months. And just in case he wasn't shameless enough, he's kicking off his announcement tour from New Orleans Lower 9th Ward. We're sure when he's listing off the names of those responsible for Katrina- Bush, Brownie, Global Warming, Bush- he won't mention Louisiana's Democrat Governor and Legislature.
3. Mitt Romney's South Carolina Spokesman
- Not a great starting point to your new job
. Embellishment works on blogs, conservative talk radio, and cable TV, but try to keep it in the ballpark when you're on the record with a print journalist.
4. Mike Huckabee's Organization- Or lack thereof. Rudy and McCain have clear issues with certain sects of the GOP base. Romney has been engaged in a 2 week flap over flip-flops on social issues. Brownback is liberal on immigration and can't raise the money. There is a clear void in the GOP nomination race that Huckabee could fill- that he wants to fill- yet he and his staff have been completely unable to take advantage. By the team they get off the pot, it will probably be too late to do anything except finish 3rd or 4th in Iowa and fizzle in New Hampshire.
Make your TP nominations below. Have a good Monday.