Mega Edition of Hodgepodge
- 21st Century Freedom PAC will be hosting a group of Iowa activists tomorrow at their old headquarters with their bare-bones support structure. Senator Stu Iverson is still on board as well as leading fundraiser Diane Crookham-Johnson. Team Pataki is said to be currently looking for new mid and lower level staff having lost Craig Schoenfeld, Erik Helland (McCain), Loras Schulte, Jo-Ellen Hill and Noreen Bush (McCain). Many Iowa activists have reported being invited in this attempt to reinvigorate Pataki's Iowa efforts.
- Explore McCain has reportedly hired field staff to supplement the mid-level staff and consultants we discussed last week. Expect McCain to have a full field staff before the end of the year.
- Recall that Commonwealth PAC has had a handful of field staffers since the summer months. Key PAC advisors David Kochel and Gentry Collins are looking to add to that number before the new year as well and are reportedly interviewing field staff this week.
- The Hotline has an interesting post today on McCain/Pataki/Romney's DC actions, including McCain's Christmas party with an all-star cast of attendees and a Pataki ex-Governor reunion dinner coming up this weekend.
- Rudy Giuliani's Exploratory Committee brought on Sandra Pack to deal with the dollars. Pack was the CFO for BC04 and served in the finance office of Bob Dole and Phil Gramm.
- And we just have to do this to needle our buddy Murphy a bit. A recent Scott Rasmussen poll shows Tom Vilsack at 39% and Mitt Romney at 35% in a head to head race for the Presidency. Vilsack gets crunched by McCain or Giuliani.
Whew- That's a lot to catch up on. Comment away.